Im Original auf dem Wikimania-Wiki. Wer eventuell nach London kommt, kann sich auch gerne bei den Unterstützern dort eintragen.
Mindestens genausogut: nennt und geile Artikel und super Autoren. Das kann man auch, wenn man nicht in London ist.
Oder noch besser: eine eigene Submission einreichen.
Title of the submission
Authors we love – an ode to an endangered species on Wikipedia
- Type of submission (discussion, hot seat, panel, presentation, tutorial, workshop)
- Author of the submission
- Dirk Franke
- Frank Schulenburg
- Country of origin
- Germany/United States
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Wikimedia Deutschland
- Wiki Education Foundation
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (at least 300 words to describe your proposal)
In our presentation, we will make the case that paying more respect to the people who write Wikipedia is crucial for the survival of this “endangered species”. We will show examples of how people from different cultures and language communities work tirelessly on improving content in their specific areas of expertise. And we will also showcase a select number of mind-blowing articles that result from this effort.
Our presentation will not only pay respect to amazing individuals from different countries but also encourage people to rethink their attitude towards Wikipedia’s content-producers. We believe that if you truly recognize the work of these volunteers, great things can happen. But this is not the main reason for why we’d like to bring authors back to the center of everybody’s attention. The main reason is that these people simply deserve it. Because they’re awesome.
- Length of session (if other than 30 minutes, specify how long)
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests